Last Updated on January 19, 2021 by Austin Cunningham
Foam is an excellent material that has widespread uses in a range of different sectors. Arts and crafts, couch making, cosplay, whatever your requirements might be, you are likely to use a few pieces of foam. Because of its versatility, the utility you get out of foam is unmatched.
However, the use you get out of your foam depends highly on the glue you use with it. To get the most out of your projects, you need to make sure you have the best glue for foam in your hand.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the best glue for foam you can find on the market to help you get the best out of your foam related projects.
Top 7 Best Glue for Foam Reviews
Finding the best glue for foam might be difficult for someone who has no experience with it. Considering that you might ruin your material if you use the wrong glue, it is better not to take a random guess while choosing it.
In the following section of the article, we will take a look at the seven best foam glue that you can buy without facing any issue with your project.
1. 3M Foam Fast 74 Spray Adhesive For Foam | Best Glue For EVA Foam
- Designed specifically for foams and fabrics
- Dispenses with a lacespray pattern optimized for foam bonding
- Provides professional, industrial strength for demanding applications
- Offers a fast, aggressive tack for a quick assembly of highstress bonds
- Allows for a bond time of 15 seconds to 30 minutes
3M is a fantastic brand that excels in the production of high-quality adhesive products. For those working with foam or fabrics, this spray glue is the perfect product. Use it once, and you will understand what people mean when they talk about the quality of 3M adhesives.
To enhance the bonding strength between the foam, the unit disperses adhesive in a lace spray pattern. As a result, you get industrial-grade strength in a matter of seconds. Additionally, the non-yellowing formula ensures that the foam stays looking fresh and new without any signs of decay.
2. Gorilla White Waterproof Polyurethane Glue | Best Glue For Foam Board
- Incredibly strong and versatile; The leading multi-purpose waterproof glue that dries white
- Best for tough repairs on dissimilar surfaces, both indoors and out
- 100% Waterproof; Doesn't break down when exposed to outdoor elements
- Versatile; Easily bonds wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam, glass, concrete and much more!
- Incredibly Strong: Expands 3 times into the materials to form an incredibly strong bond
It is not possible to write a review for the best glue for foam without mentioning a product by the brand, Gorilla. This powerhouse of a company has a strong footprint in the adhesive industry with its fantastic products. The polyurethane glue by the brand is no different to this.
If bonding strength is what you are after, this adhesive will surely not disappoint you. With its fast-acting, high-strength formula, you can get tough joints in a short time. On top of that, the glue is waterproof, meaning you do not need to worry about exposure to outdoor elements.
3. Loctite Liquid Professional Super Glue | Best Glue For Foam Rubber
- Professional-strength ingredients work fast and hold strong
- Fast-setting formula resists moisture, most chemicals and cold temperatures
- Pinpoint nozzle allows precise application without dripping or oozing
- Screw-on cap cleans and seals nozzle for clog-free use
- Loctite Super Glue Professional's super strength formula is ideal for heavy-duty projects and repairs.
Super glue, in general, tend to have a faster bonding period compared to other forms of adhesives. With this professional-grade super glue by the brand, Loctite, you can take care of any of your projects. Whether your choice of material is foam or wood, you can rely on this unit to take care of it.
This product is advertised as a unit suitable for heavy-duty projects and repairs. So whether you are repairing the cushioning on your couch, or adding insulation to your wall using foam, this unit should serve you well. The adhesive’s high-strength formula is perfectly capable of handling any of your gluing needs without any hassle.
4. Bob Smith Industries BSI-139H Clear Super-Gold Odorless Foam Safe Super Glue
- 100 percent foam safe super Glue
- First odorless super Glue
- Gap filling Glue - bonds in 5-15 seconds
- Bonds all foams, Clear plastic, wood, fiberglass, and ceramics
- Proud Sponsors of Wounded Warrior Project
Next, we take a look at this fantastic super glue by a brand called Bob Smith Industries, that advertises itself as being foam-safe. After a lot of tests, we can safely conclude that it does what it says. With your purchase, you get an excellent quality super glue, that takes care of your foam gluing needs with great effect.
The unit boasts an impressive 5-15 seconds bonding time that allows you to move from one section of your project to another quickly. Safe and environment-friendly materials are used in its construction to give you an odor and color-less non-toxic adhesive. In addition to foam, it can also work with plastic to plastic, wood, fiberglass, and ceramics with no effort.
5. WOODLAND SCENICS ST1444 Foam Tack Glue
- Woodland Scenics - Foam Tack Glue 12 oz. - ST1444
One thing people often complain about tack glue is their subpar performance when working with foam. However, this unique product by Woodland Scenics challenges that very notion. Giving you superior performance at an affordable cost, this glue is a must-have for anyone working with foam in their projects.
With your purchase, you get a bottle with 12 ounces of glue. It features a special formula that is both non-toxic and water-soluble, which gives you a lot of flexibility in how you apply it. When dried, you get a clear coat of glue without any residual trace. The adhesive is also quite versatile as it can work with wood, cardboard, Upsom board, particle board, and a range of other materials in addition to foam.
6. Beacon Hold The Foam Glue
- Bonds All Types of Foam Together
- Bonds Foam to Fabric, Beads, Trim, Wood, Paper, Cardboard & More
- Non-Toxic, Instant Grab & Fast Dry
- Cleans Up Easily With Water
- Made In USA
For any foam related gluing works, this excellent adhesive by Beacon Adhesives is a perfect purchase. Although you do not get a large number of materials with this purchase, its effectivity in creating a high-quality bond is unparalleled. Even this small tube of glue is enough to last through several large projects without issues.
It works well with all forms of foam, whether you want to attach it to fabric, wood, or even foam to foam bonding. The instant grab and fast-drying formula in its adhesives allow you to zip through your projects in no time. Any spillage you have around the workplace can be easily cleaned up using water.
7. Starbond N/O-05 Odorless Thin, Premium CA Super Glue – Foam Safe
- ✅ PREMIUM CYANOACRYLATE SUPER GLUE - LAB TESTED FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: High performance industrial grade adhesive. Water-thin Odorless CA glue goes deep to infiltrate and stabilize through capillary action.
- ✅ EXTRA SUPPLIES: (2) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision. The extra applicator caps are in case of future clogs, the clog-free stopper has a tiny pin to prevent clogs, and micro-tips provide the perfect extension for tiny cracks.
- ✅ "HYPOALLERGENIC" ADHESIVE: Ideal for unwanted odors and fumes, and for users that experience physical symptoms with superglues.
- ✅ PROPERTIES: Viscosity: 5 cPs (meaning the thickness of the liquid is similar to that of water). Penetrating abilities of up to 0.002" in size.
- ✅ SUPERIOR SHELF LIFE: When well kept, our product can last several years in a cold environment. Just make sure to store the bottle under 40°F before AND after use to QUALIFY FOR OUR 20 month shelf life warranty. If product does not last, we will replace that bottle free of charge.
Last but definitely not least, we present you this premium super glue by a brand called Starbond. It boasts a high-performance industrial-grade adhesive that is sure to work with any material you work with. When it comes to foam, you have nothing to worry about.
The glue itself is odorless and colorless, giving you a clear coat without any excess unwanted residue. You get a plethora of supplies in addition to the bottle of glue to further help your application method. It also comes with an amazing shelf life, meaning that you can expect the adhesive to work perfectly even when you store it up for an extended period.
Frequently Asked Questions
With the list of products out of the way, we can focus our attention on some of the common questions people have regarding the best glue for foam. These answers will help you figure out which adhesive would serve you best for your next big project.
So without further delay, here are the answers to some of the questions people frequently asked when buying glue for foam.
- How do you glue foam together?
The trick to gluing foam together is to give it time. There is a small bit of preparation that goes into the process. For instance, you must make sure the foam is free from any dirt. Furthermore, before you start, you should apply a small mist of adhesive over the surface of the foam. It would help you to prime the foam for gluing later on.
- Attaching a small piece of foam to a larger piece
When applying glue to a small foam piece, you need to place the two pieces on top of each other. Then apply the glue on the outer sides of the foam pieces. Be liberal with your application and give the glue some time to settle. Something around the 10 seconds mark should be enough to make the adhesive tacky.
Then align the smaller piece of foam to the larger section. Gently squeeze the glued portion of the small piece of foam to the larger section. Make sure the ends of the foam pieces are in alignment before the glue dries. Depending on your adhesive product, the time for the glue to dry can range from 5-30 minutes. You can use a clamp to ensure the foams stay pressured until the glue dries.
- Attaching two large pieces of foam
When you want to glue two large pieces of foam, the above process might not work well. Since you will not be able to hold the two pieces together reliable ensuring the glue settles evenly, we will show you a different method. However, applying the first coat of glue is the same for both methods.
When attaching the two pieces, you need to first align the foams with each other. After the corners of the foam match evenly, squeeze down the section where the two foam meet. It would allow the glue to seep through the material, ensuring a firm bond. Go over the entirety of the foam to make sure you get a stable and strong bond.
- What type of glue is used for foam to foam? (Spray Adhesive)
Although many different types of glue can work for bonding a piece of foam to another, our personal favorite is spray adhesives. Because of their ease of application, and typically affordable price, these tools are a prime candidate for any foam related projects.
In our list of reviews, we gave you a rundown of the 3M Foam Fast 74 Spray Adhesive for foam. Undoubtedly this is one of the best investments you can make if your primary purpose is to glue foam pieces together. Besides foam, it can also work with a wide range of materials, as you can see from our review.
However, if you do not like spray adhesives too much, you can go with any other glue products on our list without facing any issues. We were extremely careful when choosing our products and brought you only the best options for any of your foam gluing projects.
- What type of glue to use for foam rubber?
Foam rubber is a versatile material because of its flexibility. You can bend and mold it according to your wish by applying heat. Because of the freedom you get with foam rubber, it is a widely used material in many forms of projects such as cosplay, or arts and crafts.
The main reason for this flexibility is the porous nature of the material. However, this same material makes it difficult to glue. You have to be extra careful in choosing the right adhesive when working with foam to rubber. If you want our suggestion, the 3M Fast 74 spray adhesive is the perfect choice for using with foam rubber.
- Does Gorilla Glue work on Foam?
Gorilla is a well-known and reputed brand in the glue industry. They specialize in making high-quality adhesives that suit multiple purposes. You can find all sorts of glues such as wood glue, hot glue sticks, superglue in the inventory of the brand.
If you want to work with foam, the Gorilla White Waterproof Polyurethane Glue is a great choice. It features all the excellent qualities of the brand and comes at a reasonable price. You can find a complete review of the product in the review section of the article.
- What glue to use for soft foam?
When using glue for soft foam, you need to be extra careful. You do not want too heavy of glue since it might create e tear in the foam. Furthermore, you want an adhesive that grabs fast and dries fast too. Ease of use is also something that you might want to focus on when working with soft foam.
Our recommendation of glue for use with soft foam is the WOODLAND SCENICS ST1444 Foam Tack Glue. It passes all our requirements for the best glue for soft foam with flying colors. Because of its affordability, practicality, and fast drying time, it is easily one of the best choices for this task.
If you want to get the best experience working with foam, make sure you are working with the best possible ingredients. The glue is an essential part of that which can either make or break your project.
We hope you found our article on the best glue for foam helpful in your quest for the best products.