Last Updated on August 26, 2020 by Austin Cunningham
Are you a stickler for mini action figures or model vehicles? If so, then this article might be just what you are looking for. In this article, we will review some of the best glue for miniatures you can find on the market to finally piece your minis together and make it look glorious.
Before we start, let us establish a few things. Glue for miniatures is essential since that is the way they are meant to be joined. Now you can go with cheap one-dollar glues from the dollar store, but the effort you put into piecing it together might go to waste if the glue comes off.
And considering how frustrating this type of project can get, you do not want to repeat the whole thing again. With the right glue, your miniature will be protected against vibration, impact, or even water. You can be safe knowing that the project is stable and will not come off easily.
So now that you understand how important selecting the right glue is, we can proceed to the reviews without further delay.
Top 7 Best Glue for Miniatures
Finding the right glue to use with your miniature figures might be difficult for someone who has no experience with it. Considering that using the wrong glue will give you subpar results at best, it is better not to take a random guess while choosing it.
In the following section of the article, we will take a look at the top seven best glue for miniatures that you can buy for the best results when trying to work with the material.
1. Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue
- Rubber-toughened, instant adhesive resists impact, shock, vibration and temperature extremes
- Ideal for metal, rubber, ceramics, wood, leather, paper and plastics
- Comes in a patented, side-squeeze design for maximum control and airtight storage
- Glue dries Clear and sets without clamping
- 0.14 fl oz.; 1 Each
When you are searching for the best adhesive product, you can be sure to find Loctite on the list. Their Ultra Gel Super Glue provides excellent performance when you are working with miniature toys and action figures. Because of its excellent handling and precise control, it is one of the best adhesives for this task.
Its rubber toughened formula makes it highly resistant to water, shock, impact, and vibration. The design of the tip allows you to apply the adhesive without any running or dripping accurately. In addition to plastic, this glue works great with a variety of materials, including leather shoes, china, and even ceramics.
2. Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue
- Impact Tough: Reinforced to increase impact resistance and strength
- Smooth Application: Precise, controlled dispensing tool that fits comfortably in hand
- Fast Setting: Dries in 10 to 45 seconds, no clamping required
- Versatile: Bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper, and more
- Included Components: 6G Super Glue
Gorilla is a reliable brand in the adhesive industry. They make high quality glue for projects ranging from carpentry to automobiles. And with their Micro Precise Super Glue, you can even work on your miniature models effortlessly. For many action figure collectors, this is the go-to choice.
The best feature of this product is its precise application tip. You can apply the glue in the smallest of joints without too much hassle. It is also one of the fastest drying glue that you can find on the market, boasting a dry time of 10-45 seconds without clamps. Furthermore, the adhesive is impact resistant and gives you heavy-duty bonding strength without any hassle.
3. Tamiya 87038 Extra Thin Cement Glue Fine Tip
- Tamiya Extra-Thin Cement
- Item Weight: 2.1 ounces
- The pointed applicator tip makes it easy to put the cement where desired.
- This cement is extremely useful when gluing plastic parts to a desired position when holding in place together.
- The thin cement flows smoothly between the gaps of the fitted parts by capillary action.
Up next, we have a neat little cement glue by the brand Tamiya. Featuring an affordable price, this unit offers great value to anyone working with miniature plastic models. The product contains 2.1 ounces of adhesive and can form a lasting bond in a matter of seconds.
It comes with a precise applicator tip so that you can apply the glue exactly the way you want. You do not need to worry about making a mess of your workplace because of this small addition. The glue seeps through the small openings of the miniature effortlessly by capillary action. As a result, you can expect the bond to be firm and durable.
4. Starbond EM-02 Super Fast Thin, Premium Instant CA
- ✅ PREMIUM ETHYL CYANOACRYLATE SUPER GLUE - LAB TESTED FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: High performance industrial grade adhesive. Water-thin CA glue goes deep to infiltrate and stabilize through capillary action.
- ✅ EXTRA SUPPLIES: (2) applicator caps, (1) clog-free stopper, and a bag of micro-tips for precision. The extra applicator caps are in case of future clogs, the clog-free stopper has a tiny pin to prevent clogs, and micro-tips provide the perfect extension for tiny cracks.
- ✅ "WICKING TYPE" ADHESIVE: Great for woodturning finish, pen making, hobby, fossil prep, inlays, hardening, stabilizing, and bonding close-fitting parts. Penetrates the finest micro-fractures, pores, and cracks through capillary action.
- ✅ PROPERTIES: Viscosity: 2-3 cPs (meaning the thickness of the liquid is similar to that of water). Penetrating abilities of up to 0.002" in size.
- ✅ LONG LASTING SUPERIOR SHELF LIFE: Starbond CA glues have a shelf life of several years in the cold. Store the bottle under 40°F before AND after use to qualify for our 30 Month Shelf Life Warranty. If the glue does not last, we will provide a 100% refund or replacement.
If you want instant results, you cannot go wrong with the Starbond EM-02. It is one of the quickest super glue in the market and features a sturdy and durable bond between the materials. The package also contains a few extra supplies to give you a lot of options while applying the glue.
With your purchase, you get two different types of applicator tips. You can either choose a fine tip to control your flow precisely or the broader tip to cover more surface area. In addition to that, you get a few more precision tips to get even more control while applying it. The glue also has a long shelf life, which means you can safely store it without having to worry about the glue drying up.
5. Cement Glue Value Pack Testors
Are you a collector of plastic model miniature toys or automotive? If yes, this is one product you just cannot go without. The Testors plastic cement is exactly the unit that you need if you want to glue your model toys forming a robust and long-lasting bond between the joints.
The adhesive comes in a value pack giving you two tubes of glue instead of one. To make the application easier, and help you control the flow, you get a few precision tips included in the package. After the glue dries, you will notice how strong the hold is immediate. Because of its fast drying time and excellent bond formation, it is one of the best choices for working with miniature models.
6. Bob Smith Industries BSI-201 Quik-Cure Epoxy
- Made in the USA
- Five minute working time
- Handle parts in ten minutes
- Proud Sponsors of Wounded Warrior Project
This unique combo of adhesive by the brand, Bob Smith Industries, is a fantastic tool to have whenever you are working with mini toy figures. It boasts a quick drying time and gives you a sturdy bond in a matter of minutes.
The pack features one bottle of Quik-Cure, which is essentially a premium-grade superglue, and another bottle of Quik-Cure Hardener, which serves as an accelerant for the glue. Combining the two adhesives, you can safely bond any material you want in just a few minutes. The adhesives also resist vibration and water, which is a must when working with action figures.
7. Krazy Glue All Purpose Precision Control Pen
- All-purpose glue formula is perfect for everyday household repairs
- Precision control pen with pressure grips that control glue flow for less mess on your hands
- Bonds strongly to ceramic, plastic, wood, glass, metal, leather, and more
- One-drop applicator for accurate gluing & leak-proof cap to prevent drying
- 33% more glue than previous pen, glue indicator shows how much remains
To wrap up our list, we will look at a pen glue by the folks at Krazy glue. Despite the whacky name, this brand is dedicated to bringing you high-quality adhesives for a wide range of purposes. When you are working with miniature figures, this is the right unit.
The glue comes in an excellent design featuring pressure grips to control the flow of the glue. In addition, if you press once on the grip and let go, you can apply a single drop of the glue. This feature is fantastic for when you want to be extremely precise. Furthermore, you also get a leak-proof cap to seal it up when not using the product. It will keep your adhesive safe from drying up.
Frequently Asked Questions
With the list of products out of the way, we can focus our attention on some of the common questions people have when buying the glue for miniatures. These answers will help you figure out which adhesive would serve you best for the project you are working on and make the correct choice.
So without further delay, here are the answers to some of the questions people frequently asked when searching for the best glue for miniature toys and action figures.
Can you use Gorilla Glue for models?
Gorilla is a well-known and reputed brand in the glue industry. They specialize in making high-quality adhesives that suit multiple purposes. You can find all sorts of glues such as wood glue, hot glue sticks, superglue in the inventory of the brand. The great thing about the brand is that its adhesive is renowned for bonding with a wide range of materials, including plastic.
If you are looking for a specific product, we will lean towards the Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue. It comes with a well-designed applicator tip to precisely control the flow of your glue and works quite well when you are working with this type of project.
Can you use super glue on Warhammer?
Super glue is an extremely versatile form of adhesive that works with many ranges of materials. It is a form of cyanoacrylate adhesive, otherwise known as CA. The best thing about super glue is its versatility and easy handling. This type of adhesive is also quite cheap and found in most shops.
Most Warhammer 40k miniature models are made of plastic. And the best adhesive for plastic is, in our opinion, the Testors Plastic Cement. However, with super glue, you do not need to take the hassle that comes with plastic cement. Its easy application and fast drying time are helpful when you are working on Warhammer miniatures.
What is the best glue for miniatures?
Miniature toys and figurines are usually made of plastic. In some rare cases, they also come with metal construction. Other than that, if you are looking for vintage models, some of them might be made using resin. The great thing is that all of these materials respond to glue well, and you have a lot of options in selecting your adhesive.
If you are looking for just one glue, we would suggest going with Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue. Its superior bonding strength and fast-acting time make it the perfect unit for plastic miniatures. Other than that, the Testors Plastic Cement and Gorilla Micro Precise Super Glue are also great options for working with miniature figures.
How do you glue minis together?
Gluing miniatures is not only a fun activity but also a test of patience and skill. You need a steady hand and a relaxed mind when you want to glue minis together. So make sure you are in a calm state of mind before you start; otherwise, you might ruin your miniatures completely.
First, you must clean any residual grease or dirt from the pieces. Use a rag soaked with a small amount of isopropyl alcohol and rub all of the pieces. Put them on the worktable, one that has good lighting, and let them dry.
Before starting to apply the glue, you should do a test-fit. It would help you make a mental map of where each of the pieces will go. Later on, when you apply the glue, you only have a small window of time before it hardens.
If you understand where each of the pieces goes, you can start with your application. It is best to use a fine tip applicator as it gives you the most control. You can even use safety pins as an applicator. Always apply only a small amount of glue. Less is more when you are gluing miniatures, and if you need, you can always add more.
After attaching the pieces, give the glue some time to dry completely. If you used super glue, it should not take more than a few minutes. With all the steps done, you should now have your finished miniature in your hand.
How do you glue metal miniatures?
As we already mentioned, some high-end luxurious miniature models feature a metal construction. These are usually stronger and looks downright cool when you connect all the pieces. However, style does not come cheap, and these units might cost you a lot when buying.
If you have a metal miniature and wondering how to glue it; you will be happy to know that the steps are not all that different. You can even use the same superglue in most cases. Super glue is quite versatile and works with any type of model whether metal or plastic.
With the right set of glue for your project, the whole task becomes a lot simpler. Granted, joining miniatures can be frustrating to some, but with the right product, your pieces will not keep falling off every few seconds.
We hope you found our article on the best glue for miniature informative and helpful. Remember to use the right glue and always take it slow, and you should be done with your project in no time.