The coolest in-depth buying guide for choosing the best ping pong balls for 2020, have a look at our top picks and reviews and make your choice.
Ready for the most awesome indoor sports ever? Table Tennis! Or Ping Pong! Whatever you call it, that’s not the point here. You are here that means you want to find out which ping pong ball is the best.
So, what’s the best ping pong ball and how do you choose one for playing table tennis or ping-pong.
Can’t go to the club to play table tennis? Why not play beer pong instead.
Which Ping Pong Balls Are The Best?
In short, you want to look at the star rating of a ball. They usually come in a variety of stars.
1-star & 2-star ping pong balls mean they are less durable and only used for practice purposes. Not for tournament play.
They are usually bought in mass packs of 100 or 200. These are perfect for rallying or playing a practice match.
What you should choose is a 3-star ping pong ball. Professional players use 3 star balls. Picking the best table tennis ball is actually pretty simple.
The more stars on the balls the better. But there are also 4-5 star balls, which are equivalent to 3-star rating balls.
There are two official colors for table tennis balls, Orange & White. The official size of a table tennis ball is 40mm and the official weight is 2.7g.
You’ll also need to check how round and thick a table tennis ball is. How can you tell that without buying them?
Simple, we have tested that for you. Pick our #1 choice or simply select the one you want from our list.
This pretty much all the info you’ll need to buy the best ping pong ball there is.
Now that you know the basics, let’s have a look at some of the best table tennis balls available in the market.
List Of Top 10 Best Ping Pong Balls 2020
1. 50-Pack KEVENZ 3-Star 40mm Orange Table Tennis Balls, Advanced Training Ping Pong Balls (Practice ping-pong Ball)
- 60-Pack Orange balls, 3-Star Balls,40+ mm(No paddles included)
- Practice ball,suitable for beginner ,or play ping-pong less than one year
- Durable ,Consistent bounce, Great Spin, Good Control
- Perfectly round and have smooth seams
- Perfectly balanced and long-lasting
2. Xushaofa 40+ Seamless Poly Table Tennis Balls – 3 Star
- Revolutionary technology offering the most advanced table tennis ball on the market
- Poly plastic material - safer and more durable than traditional celluloid
- Seamless construction for consistent and accurate bounce during play
- ITTF and USATT approved for international and domestic competitions
3. STIGA 3-Star Table Tennis Balls, (6-Pack)
4. MAPOL 50- Pack Orange 3-Star Premium Ping Pong Balls Advanced Training Table Tennis Ball
- Good bounce,More Power,Decent Spin
- Great for stadium,club and school,home
- Premium training balls for all -lever players. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE For 30 Days. Any unhappy ,Please contact seller ( great -store ) directly for best solution
- Ball Weight (g): 2.7-2.85, Ball Diameter (mm): 40.1- 40.25
- MAPOL is a Registered Trademark of great-store
5. JOOLA 40mm Table Tennis Training Ball 12 Count Set (1-Star)
- JOOLA - A PROFESSIONAL TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, Including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment designed for all levels.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY AND DURABILITY: Manufactured for advanced competition, these 40mm three star practice ping pong balls are ideal for serving your first ace or hitting the game winner past your opponent as a professional player or in the family game room.
- ITTF REGULATION SIZE AND WEIGHT: Official thickness of .86mm and tournament weight of 2.7 grams and regulation width of 40 millimeter ensures consistent bounce, durability, more power, great spin and control. Table tennis equipment for kids and adults.
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE: These table tennis practice balls are excellent to practice serves, hit against multi-ball training, for clubs, schools, recreation centers, resorts, and ping pong robot trainers or automatic server machines.
- INCLUDES: 12 durable 3 Star training ping-pong balls that are lightweight and perfectly round. Recommended to be played with ping pong paddles or rackets or have your pets use the balls as a cat toy. Choose between white or orange colored ping pong balls.
6. EastPoint Sports Table Tennis Balls
- Pack of balls for table tennis games
- Official size and weight for superior gameplay
- Engineered for precision roundness, rebound, and weight
- Ideal for casual or competitive play
- Set includes: 6 balls
7. Franklin Sports 1 Star Table Tennis Balls
- PACK: 6 Table Tennis Balls
- Official size (40mm diameter) and weight (2.6-2.9g)
- Increased control, long lasting, and consistent bounce for precision play
- Perfect for multiple uses including beer pong, ping pong, and table tennis training
8. DHS Approved 3-Star 40mm Table Tennis Balls, Tournament Ping Pong Balls with LANDSON Rubber Protection
9. Nittaku 3-Star PREMIUM 40+ Table Tennis Balls Plastic Ball Cell-Free
10. Butterfly G40+ 3-Star Poly Table Tennis Balls
- PROFESSIONAL TABLE TENNIS BALLS: Approved by ITTF and USATT for top level tournament play
- GREAT BOUNCE: The perfectly round G40+ table tennis balls are regulation size (40mm) and are the same thickness on all sides creating a very consistent bounce
- PLASTIC BALL: The poly table tennis balls closely resembles the bounce of traditional celluloid table tennis balls
- OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT BALL: The Butterfly G40+ table tennis balls are the Official Ball Sponsor of the Butterfly Canada Cup 2015-2018 and Butterfly sponsored tournaments in North America
- BUTTERFLY G40+: The Butterfly G40+ is made in Germany
Taking Care Of Your Table Tennis Balls
Although these balls are somewhat cheap, it never hurts to save a few bucks. A lot of people will buy a pack of 50, 100 or even more.
But, if you go for the premium ones which only come in at a pack of 6 or less, then my friend you need to start taking care of your table tennis balls.
If you want to avoid buying them on a regular basis, it’s a good idea to learn how to properly clean your ping pong balls.
Before you start cleaning, here are some of the basic precautionary measures you should take in order to make sure the balls will last longer.
– Don’t leave them in direct sunlight.
– Don’t keep them in over moisture place.
– And, finally, don’t keep them in excessive heat.
– Pick up your balls when it falls to the ground. (before someone else steps on them)
Follow these steps if you want to get rid of skid marks and table paint form your balls.
Proper Way To Clean Table Tennis Balls:
1. Apply water.
2. Wipe it with a damp cloth in a circular motion.
3. You can use cotton or tissue.
3. Don’t use soap or detergent.
4. You can use baking soda to restore the grip of the ball.
5. Finally, dry it off.
Whichever ball you pick, constantly clean them to make playing more enjoyable. If you use a table tennis training robot, then you’ll need a lot of balls. Which means more cleaning.
If you want to do some mass cleaning, there is a shortcut way. This method requires a washing machine. Put it in a no-spin cycle with water only coldwater.
If you still want to know more about How To Choose A Good Ping Pong Ball, click on this link or go to the end of the article for an in-depth table tennis balls buying guide.
How Ping Pong Balls Were Made
A lot of effort goes into making the best table tennis balls. The change of materials from celluloid to plastic has made some dramatic changes in the production process. Have a look at this video to learn more.
Hope you find your best ping pong balls list. Have fun. 🙂