When you are considering your table tennis equipment, we always talk about table tennis bats, balls and tables. One thing most of us tend to neglect is a good set of table tennis net and post set.
Ping Pong nets are often overlooked, and a cheap net can and will ruin your game. Getting your net right in your training environment is really important.
When choosing the best ping pong net and post set, you should look for some important characteristics such as the ability to raise or lower the height, the clamp, and the ability to tension the string.
Why Do You Need the Best Table Tennis Net & Post Set?
With the older type of nets, you can make some adjustments, but they are quite floppy, and if the ball hits the net, it’s going to dribble over most of the time.
Even if the ball hits the middle of the net, it is still going to dribble over. You are looking for a net that you can adjust the tension, clamp it securely, and not allow the ball to dribble over.
This is where a good ping pong net comes into play.
An example of a good net is this one right here.
Importance of Getting the Best Ping Pong Net and Post Set
As I’ve said before, getting your net right in your training environment is really important. If you are training at home or in your club, and the net is not at a correct height, you are bound to run into some problems.
As you are practicing your serving and trying to keep that ball nice and low and short with your pushing, and then suddenly you get to a tournament and the net is the correct height, you are going to be hitting the ball into the top of the net on your serves or on your short pushing.
That’s why it’s really important that you get your net height right. Another difference between the cheaper nets and the better nets is that, the cheaper nets tend to be quite hard and not flexible.
Those are made with some sort of hard plasticky type material, whereas the better nets have a bit of stretch in them. This stops the ball from dribbling over easily.
Top 10 Best Ping Pong Net and Post Set
Here is a list of top 10 best ping pong table nets on the market.
1. JOOLA Premium Avanti Table Tennis Net and Post Set
- PLAY LIKE A CHAMP: The JOOLA Avanti Ping Pong Net and Post Set is tournament level and competition ready, allowing you to practice like our JOOLA Champions!
- EASY SET UP: The JOOLA Avanti Table Tennis Net and Post Set features an easy screw-on attachment system, with protective rubber padded tightening clamps to make sure your table stays in perfect playing condition!
- ITTF REGULATION LENGTH & HEIGHT: This durable ping pong net & post set is 72" and the posts fit on tables up to 1.5" thick. Once the net is attached to the table, use the ball and chain at both ends of the net to verify the net is at the correct tension.
- TAKE YOUR GAME ON THE GO: With such a light weight design, this net is ideal to taking your ping pong competitions anywhere
- PREMIER JOOLA QUALITY – Backed by more than 65 years of professional level table tennis experience, our Avanti Ping Pong Net Set is the same equipment used by amateur and pro players at every level, including the US Open and Olympics.
2. DHS Table Tennis Net & Post Set
- DHS Table Tennis Net and Post Set #P104
- Net Fixing: Inside / Post Fixing: Spring
- 72" cotton mesh net and heavy duty metal posts
- Tension and height adjustment available; Can firmly fix to the table to keep the net tension high
- If you find anything wrong with the product and want to return - please make sure the product in brand new condition.
3. STIGA Premium VM Net Set
- ITTF Approved
- Sturdy blue brackets with blue net
- Net straper for adjusting net tension
4. Kioos Collapsible Table Tennis Net Professional Steel Pingpong Net Clip
- Tournament-level table tennis net and post set
- 72" premium cotton blend net and heavy-duty steel post
- Easy set-up and removal with spring-activated clip
- Precise tension adjustment with height measuring tool for regulation play
- Fits regulation-size tables (60" wide) with up to 1.5" table thickness. Offering 12 months warranty and friendly customer service
5. EastPoint Sports Table Tennis Net and Post Set
- System of netting and posts for table tennis tables
- Quick set up net and posts system is easy and convenient
- Fits most table tennis tables and conversion tops up to 2.75 inches thick
- Steel posts are built tough and durable, as well as adjustable
- Set includes: 1 table tennis net and 2 posts
6. JOOLA Retractable Portable Table Tennis Net and Post Set
- PLAY TABLE TENNIS ANYWHERE: Portable on-the-go ping pong spring clamp net system with adjustable lengths for playing table tennis on any surface!
- EXTENDS LONGER THAN NORMAL PING PONG NETS: Fits tables and surfaces up to 1.75 inches thick and expands up to 5.75 feet long (longer than the width of a standard table tennis tabletop)!
- EASILY ATTACH TO ANY SURFACE: Pull the ping pong net to any length and set up in seconds with the easy button clamp feature. Includes protective rubber padded tightening clamps to stabilize your posts and protect your surface.
- COMPACT FOR EASY TRANSPORT: The JOOLA Retractable Ping Pong Net automatically rolls closed with a no tangle design and is compact for storage and transport anywhere.
- PREMIER JOOLA QUALITY – Backed by more than 65 years of professional level table tennis experience, our Retractable Ping Pong Net Set is the same equipment used by amateur and pro players at every level, including the US Open and Olympics.
7. Luniquz Table Tennis Net with Post
- DURABLE NET & STURDY POST. The Luniquz ping pong net set is composed of premium cotton-blend net and sturdy steel post, capable for daily training or professional competition games.
- DO NOT CLLAPSE TOWARD MIDDLE. Compared with retractable pingpong net, these are more likely to stand straight in use. The clamp can firmly hold on table to fully stretch out net.
- EFFORTLESSLY SET-UP. Thanks to the inside spring activated clip, the table tennis post can be assembled and detached for paly in seconds. Never waste time on installation and adjustment.
- FIT MOST TABLE. The length of this replacement net set is 69" when fully stretched out, easy to fit on tables with width up to 55" and thickness up to 1.3".
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. You are purchasing directly from the manufacturer. What you concern will be definitely cared. We provide 100% satisfaction service for all products.
8. STIGA Premium Clipper 72” Regulation Table Tennis Net and Post Set
- Tournament-Level Table Tennis Net and Post Set
- 72" Premium Cotton Blend Net and Heavy-Duty Steel Post
- Easy Set-Up and Removal with Spring-Activated Clip
- Precise Tension Adjustment with Height Measuring Tool for Regulation Play
- Fits Regulation-Size Tables (60” Wide) with up to 1” Table Thickness
9. JOOLA WM Professional Table Tennis Net and Post Set
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY: The premium JOOLA WM Net has passed professional testing requirements and is approved and authorized by the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) for the use in competion, including the Olympics and World Championships.
- EXCEPTIONAL MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Includes two sturdy, heavy-duty metal posts with a quick hand tightening fastener screw for attaching the bracket to the table. The net is specially designed with a double woven cotton-steel thread to last for years.
- QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY: This durable ping pong net & post set is 72" long and the posts fit on tables up to 1.5" thick. Once the net is attached to the table, use the ball and chain at both ends of the net so net is at the corrrect tension.
- CONSISTENT PLAY: Standard height of the net should not exceed 6" tall. Built into the design is a height adjuster knob to ensure professional ping pong standards are met. To help maintain the net to the proper specs, a BONUS Height Adjuster is included.
- PROTECT YOUR TABLE: Includes rubber padding within the post clamps to protect the ping pong table top and insure a tight fit when attached.
10. Killerspin Table Tennis Clip-On Net & Post Set
- Clip-on Net & Post Set fits most standard Table Tennis Tables up to a table width of 1inch
- Clop-on Table Tennis Net & Post set is easy to assemble
- Has rubber padding to protect the table top and insure a tight fit when attached
- Comes with a 30-Day limited Warranty
How to Choose the Right Net for Playing Table Tennis?
What Does A Better Table Tennis Net Look Like?
From retractable nets to clamp style professional net sets, there are a bunch of them.
The net set needs to have a clamp system where you can wind the clamp up to get a nice firm attachment to the table.
The other thing that is really important is the height adjustment. You will find the height adjustment screw underneath the post that will allow you to change the height to your desired level.
The final feature is the tensioner. This allows you to tighten or loosen the string that goes through the top of the net to get a nice tension at the top of the net. This stops those balls from hitting the middle of the net and from going over.
Easy to Attach
This net and post set should be very easy to attach to the table. For a clap style model, you simply slide the clamp on to the table and tighten that underneath by winding the clamp.
Most ping pong nets, well at least the good ones, will come with a net measurer. What is does is it just sits on top of the net, and it needs to sit where it is quite flushed to the net.
If it’s dangling, it means the net is up a little bit too high. That means you need to adjust the height of the net via the height adjustment knob until the height measurer is sitting nicely on the table.
These are the things I want you to look for when you are selecting your table tennis net. Having a good set of table tennis net means it will last you for years to come.
Stiga Premium Clip Net Set
Good nets are worth buying, even if they are expensive. For example, the Stiga Premium Clip Net Set is a professional table tennis net set that is ITTF approved for advanced competition.
This premium net set is from SITGA, a world leader in table tennis. The “net strapper” feature in this Stiga table tennis net allows you to adjust the string for net tension, and on top of that, it’s a clip style.
This is a perfect set that is totally secure and heavy-duty. You won’t have to worry about scratches on your table from having to tighten the bolt on your table. It’s also very easy to get on and off, which is a neat feature if you frequently fold your table up.
Or, you can have a look at this one.
JOOLA Spring Professional Table Tennis Net and Post Set
These are the most expensive net you can buy. However, there are other nets that will be more than enough for your regular practice sessions.
It is your playing style that ultimately decides what type of net you would need for your table. Are you more of a recreational player or professional one? Do you want to compete in the big leagues? These are the questions that will guide you towards the right choice.
In general, retractable or clip-on nets are usually aimed at recreational to intermediate level of players. Retractable designs are suitable for players who play quite often as they can put it away when not in use. A full-fledged pro training for big competitions would be better off with a clamp-style net.
The price of a net for table tennis can range from affordable to absurdly expensive. So, you must decide beforehand how much you are planning to spend. It not only will help you narrow down your options but also help give you composure when browsing.
Thankfully, a premium price does not always mean premium quality when it comes to table tennis nets. There are affordable options in the market that are quite durable and can serve you well over long practice sessions. So, try to be smart on your purchase by planning out your budget.
You want your new net to be as stable as possible for the price you are paying. A table tennis net that is worth anything will give critical attention to this element. Without stability, your net will be displaced easily, which is a frustrating thing to deal with in the middle of a game.
For this reason, it is best to give some attention to the attachment mechanism of the net to the post before investing your money. You need to make sure that it stays on even during long sessions of use.
Table tennis nets for home use
Table Tennis Nets For Home Use
If you are shopping for a table tennis net to use at home, you have a lot of options. Keep in mind that an affordable net can last you a long time if treated with proper care. Since only you and your friends and family are the only people having access to the net, you can be a bit lenient towards your choice.
Ultimately, your budget is the prime factor for a home table tennis net. Even a cheap clip-on net will serve you well if you use it carefully. You could also get a high-end unit if you prefer more stability. But it will not make much of a difference.
Table Tennis Nets For School Use
Now schools are a different story altogether. No matter how durable or high-end the net is, it will most likely be ruined within a short few months. Since kids are hardly careful about handling school equipment, it is not worth spending a lot of money on buying professional-grade table tennis nets.
You would be better off investing in simple clip-on nets. This type of net does not offer a lot of stability but is quite reliable when it comes to school conditions. Moreover, they are affordable and durable units that are perfect for beginner and intermediate players.
Table Tennis Nets For Club Use
When it comes to a table tennis club, you need a good quality net and post sets. You need to create the best playing environment for the players if you want to have a well-functioning club. If your club takes part in league matches, it becomes even more critical to have quality instruments at hand.
Another reason you should consider buying high-quality nets for a club is that you can rely on the members to take care of it. However, be prepared to get replacements regularly if you want the most optimal practice/training environment. It is natural for nets to suffer wear and tear during regular use.
Retractable Table Tennis Nets (Cheap)
If you are on a tight budget but want to get a decent net that will not sag in the middle, a retractable table tennis net is your best option. A rubbish net is enough to make a thousand-dollar tennis table feel crappy. So instead of going for cheap and questionable “professional-grade” nets, a retractable net is a better choice.
This type of net is a recent innovation but already managed to make a good impact on the industry among the players. You can essentially convert any table into a tennis table with a retractable net. It is compact and lightweight, which makes them quite portable.
There are many brands that focus on making retractable table tennis nets. The price and quality of these nets are similar, so you do not have to worry about choosing one over the other.
Clip-On Table Tennis Nets (A little bit expensive)
Retractable table tennis nets are great for a recreational budget player, but if you are looking to get competitive, it will not serve you well. In this case, you want something like a clip-on table tennis net. This type of net is reliable enough to use in a professional club table.
A clip-on net is a serious upgrade over retractable nets and offers an entry-point to the competitive scene. It is reasonably easy to set up or take off. Because of their firm grip, they are also quite stable. Most clip-on nets also feature a string that serves to tighten the net.
Clip-on table tennis nets are slightly pricier than retractable nets. However, they offer much more value for serious use than the former one.
Professional Table Tennis Nets (Expensive)
Finally, we have the much-revered professional table tennis nets. These units are bulky and often require a clamp to fix them to the post. They are also a lot more expensive than the other two types we showcased above.
Professional nets come with many fancy features to make them appropriate for tournament conditions. You can adjust the height and also the tension to suit the competition.
This type of net is quite durable and comes with a lot of metal parts to add to its longevity. Professional table tennis nets are the best type to buy if you can afford it.
No matter how good your ping pong paddle or table collection is, a loose and saggy net can instantly ruin the game. That’s why if you plan to play for long hours, it’s important to invest in the best table tennis net.
In short, things to look for when buying the best ping pong net and post set are a solid clamp, net tensioner, and adjustable net height. Also, go for the professional ones because those will give you the exact same condition when you play a professional tournament.